POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Isosurfaces *much* slower in beta 7? : Re: Isosurfaces *much* slower in beta 7? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:29:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurfaces *much* slower in beta 7?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 31 Oct 2001 04:39:29
Message: <3BDFC6D1.332E1CE6@gmx.de>
JRG wrote:

> I'm working on a scene with a table made of iso-plankes (just like those in
> the isowood include file). With the beta 7 these isos render MUCH slower:
> beta 6: 1 m 45 s
> beta 7: 8 m 22 s.
> These planks are simple f_rounded_box displaced with a wood pigment.
> Christoph, can you confirm?

I can confirm that evaluate can be quite slow.  NTL, with the isowood
sample i tried, evaluate led to faster results for some reason.  Note that
it only worked with the MSVC compile, the intel version still crashes
(probably because of the function declaration problems)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>